CALL US TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE WATER TESTING AND CONSULTATION.
Water softening is a technique that serves the removal of the ions that cause the water to be hard, in most cases calcium and magnesium ions. Iron ions may also be removed during softening.
A water softener is an ion exchanger.
1. Hard water--water with high calcium/magnesium content enters the softener through the "In" port. It passes through the control valve and into the tank, where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that "softens" it.
2. The resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. "Softening" occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are "exchanged" for sodium.
3. The softened water then enters the long center tube, called a riser, via the strainer basket in the bottom of the tank and passes upward through the riser. The water exits the softener via the control valve and is sent to the home.
4. When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into regeneration. (The regeneration process is initiated by a timer or a meter, depending on the type of softener you purchase.) By this process the hardness minerals are washed down the drain (via a drain tube), and the resin bed is rinsed, resettled, and recharged with sodium. It is now again ready to soften your water.
5. The regeneration process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin. The brine tank must have salt at all times so that it can regenerate the softening resin
When it comes to your family's health, you want the best. Water is everywhere in life and in everything you eat or drink, so you need a pure source of water that is clean, tasty and reliable. Your current water supply may be full of excess minerals and harmful contaminants. Excess minerals yield harder water, and contaminated water is often the cause of illnesses.
Reverse osmosis filters are one of the most effective methods of purifying water. A reverse osmosis system can effectively remove all impurities and harmful contaminants from your water supply giving you the cleanest water possible for your home and family.
At Branch Water, Inc., we specialize in the service and installation of reverse osmosis systems for your home or office. Once our team of professionals has installed your new filtration unit, you can immediately begin enjoying healthier, better tasting water. Call today to schedule a free consultation. We provide flexible appointment times Monday - Saturday.
If you are a property owner struggling with maintaining the quality of water in your home you can benefit from the professional water treatment offered by Branch Water, Inc. serving the Lakeland, FL area and surrounding communities.
Branch Water, Inc. has been helping locals find solutions to water problems for 20 years. As a local, family-owned business, we take great pride in delivering cost-effective results with our products and our service.
Don’t live with bad water any longer, give us a call today to discuss the water problems you are experiencing and we will schedule your free consultation. We provide flexible appointment times Monday - Saturday.